1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well went to miton after school today and had a blast
caught a huge mix bag of fish
walleye / white bass/ smallmouth bass/ perch/ crappy / catfish
the magic deepth was 6 feet deep me and my dad must have lost 30-40 fish. lost about 4-5 walleye at the boat . we were using minnnow with a plain hook and a sinker we caught the two man limit 12 fish all fish were 15-16inchs i must have also seen about 8 boat with two people each in them limit out if was great fishing today we lauched at point view again

i will post pic soon i have to tell you this has change my whole idea about milton and its walleye. get out their trust me

P.S the sureface temp was 61 when i left .

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sounds good to me! I was looking to go fishing in the A.M. and couldn't decide where. Sounds like it should be worth the drive.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Cross the lake going east on 18 and take the first road on your right-Southeast River Rd. Go down to the second road (on your right again) just after a golf course. Take that over to a really nice launch ramp. Another is on Jersey St. north of 18 on the west side. Jersey runs off Grandview. Be careful while fishing the lake as the size limit is 15 Inches for walleye, same as Berlin, and you will be sorely tempted to keep the smaller fish but DNR is checking them closely!

This is a quote from another post.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We've done ok as well. Dad and I were there last Sunday trolling a 7 ft bar. Got 7 keeper walleye a few perch a smallie and a small muskie. And it is tempting, we thru back 18-20 that were 14.5 to 14.75"

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
That was my post MM used-not a prob. with that at all.
Some of the ratios of legal to non-legal fish I've read are much better than the one I experienced last time there but I was fishing 'very' shallow water-as shallow at 2.5 feet!- where you might expect the fish to run smaller. That lake has some crazy structure and radical elevation changes. My keepers were something like 1 in 20-which was kinda frustrating! Could be the bait/presentation/depth things, of course. I plan to get back there as even those little guys(sub-15'ers) fight like much larger fish-a real blast! Also, a great place to experiment, which I plan to do next trip. One thing I plan to do is go UL-nice perch and gills in there also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts