close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Milton after dark 6-7-08

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TIGGER, Jun 8, 2008.

1. I met up with Jig after dark on saturday night. We got there around 10 pm and tried a Lake Erie after dark type of trolling pattern. We used some inline planner boards with light sticks and flat lines off the corners of the boat. We fished the midlake region by the bridges and wind swept shorlines. We ended up catching 5 walleyes......... 4 were keepers and two very nice smallies. Throw in a channel cat , crappie, and white bass also. A beautiful night to be out on Jigs (Bobs) boat. We fished fishing at 3 am. It seemed the fished were done feeding.

We used shad type of crankbaits. We also took two keeper walleyes on rapala "tail dancers" early in the night when the fish were out a bit. As it got later the fished moved tight and we had to flat line in 6 foot of water with shad cranks. Lighter colors worked the best. More the white the better. Not much surface activity suprised me. There is usually alot of that going on ....... but not last night. Man is it something to here those smallies breaking water after they are hooked jumping with the bait in their mouth! :p The smallies were released to be enjoyed by someone else.

Here is Jig with the first smallie of the night

[​IMG]

Here is Jigs second smallie that was the largest

[​IMG]

The walleyes ranged from 16 to 20 inches.

[​IMG]

I talked to fella as we were launching that had caught 6 keeper walleyes during the day fishing his family. He didn't say what they were using.

John

2. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

3. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Nice. I fished today from 5:30 a.m till 10:30 a.m. and caught one channel cat. I lost a respectable walleye near the boat in 3' of water on a blue/chrome floating rapala. I threw everything at them today and didn't do crap. Saw some guys back at the ramp that had a field day on the channel cats.

4. With ALL the big boats on the water during the day most fish lay deep intill night. Only giving me 4 good hours to troll active fish in the area we fished. Still worth the sleepless hours. Thanks for coming out John! Alot of fun man.

5. nice smallies.im heading up there this week or weekend.hopefully its just not a night bite thats what it seems to be once it gets into the end of june and july.have you seen the white bass busting the surface up there yet on the shad fry?

6. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

The only thing I saw busting the surface was a lot of carp.

7. The bass were bustin loose a week ago before the rain and sun. Water temp jacked up fast!