Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there a tournament or something going on in Avon out of Miller road today? Usually when we get there a 5 a.m. we are the first or second there. The attendant is never there that early, he said he got there at 4a.m.. We were 3rd or 4th to launch, but there was a line behind us. Anyhow we drifted with weight forward spinners and crawlers in 50 to 56 feet straight out. I ended up with 6 walleye, 4 keepers, 1 huge catfish and 1 yellow perch. Brother in law ended up with 1 keeper walleye. Not a great day, but we had fun.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,510 Posts
People trying to beat the heat. I used Sheffield today got there at 550 and lit was half full

·
Registered
582 Posts
You should of seen miller rd ramp at dark last night.you had fishermen coming in, comet watchers going out. And about 11 ,more fishermen going out. There was one guy there with a 21ft boat With a bunch a people aboard, who I think didn’t no how to drive a boat. On way out he tagged left high wall. He came back in later and while tied to dock raised his outboard out of water and left it running for at least 15=minutes

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should of seen miller rd ramp at dark last night.you had fishermen coming in, comet watchers going out. And about 11 ,more fishermen going out. There was one guy there with a 21ft boat With a bunch a people aboard, who I think didn’t no how to drive a boat. On way out he tagged left high wall. He came back in later and while tied to dock raised his outboard out of water and left it running for at least 15=minutes
Did you smell the rubber from the impeller?

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
We were there early as well and pretty shocked at how fast it was filling up. Only managed 1 keeper walleye and a short and lost count of the sheepshead... loaded up at 10:30 and drove to vermillion.... pulled one more keeper and one short.... ridiculous amounts of white perch. One smallmouth on a crawler harness. Quite the struggle for us. First trip to Erie in about 8 years for me. Buddy was dying to get his new boat up there... I just don't believe he's quite set up enough yet to do the deeper, summertime stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
don't need brains to own a boat, just money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts