close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Millennials....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by capt j-rod, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

This is a must see... It is all to scary!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    James F, bdawg, Ruminator and 6 others like this.
  2. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

3. We can always hope that Mars will be inhabited by the time one of them makes it into office!
    Save me a seat on the shuttle...

4. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

I'm gen X, so I have very little room to speak. I will be the first one to say that we aren't any better!

James F and Saugeyefisher like this.
  5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Im not worried about one eventually becoming President.

Im worried about the 10's of thousands that will soon be our Doctors.

85% of Millennial's are in Med-School for one thing: Money. Downright creepy to listen to them chatter away...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    geoffoquinn and 9Left like this.
  6. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

Honestly millennial are just misunderstood. They aren't obsessed with the almighty dollar as much as they are a work life balance. They watched how their parents fought and divorced over more money to buy bigger nicer items. The giant house and Cadillac are not on their radar. Chevrolet is struggling to sell camaros and corvettes. Toyota Prius flies off the lot. They are smarter than we think. The student loans are crushing the young professionals and the job market doesn't like people who won't slave away and take overtime. There is a balance out there, but a lot has to change. There are enough older guys still working, but that resource is slowly fading. Boomers wanted "more" millennials want to be free. Gen X is stuck in the middle. We weren't raised with computers and we hit the job market in a recession. Fun stuff! It will all work out for better or worse.

7. Pretty funny and accurate for the most part. Luckily for me , my millennial son is a throwback to the greatest generation.

No tats, no man bun. 28 yr old Passed all parts of CPA exam within 18 months of graduating from college while working fulltime at a box mfg. company. Married to a nurse, remodeling his house in Brecksville, installed hardwood floors (800 SF) with the advice and mentoring of a 90 yr old carpenter. Installed new Kitchen cabinets with same helper. Learned to tile the backsplash from youtube. Installed ceiling fans and mounting boxes and switches. In the process of total remodel of 1st floor powder room. All while working at a CPA firm. Grows his own vegetables from seeds too.

LZip, BibbsTaxidermy, whal and 9 others like this.
  8. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

While everyone stands around complaining, I see a huge opportunity for those who are legitimate. I can literally work when I want as much as I want. Your son will find out that businesses need him more than he needs them. From that day on he will have a great career.

9. Sounds like a throw back for sure.... Well except for the YouTube backsplash part! But actually it's a great way to learn things these days!

bdawg likes this.
  10. He also learned to play the guitar via Youtube, then lessons with a teacher to refine his knowledge. Loves classic rock Led Zep, Van Halen, Guns n Roses Jimi Hendrix.

crappiedude likes this.
  11. You met him when he picked up the gas tanks last summer.

12. Awesome! I tell my wife... Yeah I can fix that.. when I have no idea... Then i hit up YouTube!

Ruminator likes this.
  13. We aren't all that way. I grew up playing video games such as Nintendo, Atari, but that was when it was raining outside and I wasn't allowed to go outside to play. I hunt, fish, camp, work 50-60hrs a week, handy, etc. I know a lot of other that are like me cause we came from hard working parents that pushed us or grew up with a single parent and had to step up and learn on our own. I would say kids 1-19yo are the ones that get coddled.

14. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

Great son snake charmer. You must have done something right along the way!
    Not just lumping everyone together ohihunter2014... Many of my fellow gen x'ers are not pulling weight either. For guys like you that get it, there is a ton of opportunity. I do HVAC, engineering, rental property, and property maintenance. There is so much work that it is insane. Nobody is tapping into the market. When I quit the 9-5 I was really worried about money. 5 years later I am turning down work, and picking and choosing what I want to take on. It's always fun to do simple labor work for people while their 25 year old sits inside and watches me. It's literally job security.

bdawg and ohihunter2014 like this.
  15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

I agree ohihunter. It is very worrisome/ridiculous but at the same time you wonder what the root of the problem is. Could some of it have to do with how their parents raised them or is that just crazy talk to think that a different generation might share some of the blame?

Ruminator likes this.
  16. I think it's the way your raised. Now days it's not politically correct for a kid to play outside until the streetlights come on because it's easier for both parents and child to sit on the internet or video game. It's not politically correct to whip your kid or ground them cause some parents are too lazy and don't want to deal with it. They are too coddled now days. When you can ask to be released from the military cause now you don't like it and they let you out something's wrong with the kid and the government. I'm a year shy of 30 and would never think of standing on our nations flag, protesting making an ass out of myself but I've noticed the parents, schools, etc don't care what their kids do. Not saying all of the kids and parents suck just some. You don't see anyone over 30 making a fool of themselves on tv rioting and protesting cause us 80s early 90s kids had parents from the 50-60s that wouldn't stand for that crap.

17. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

I'm 39 and my dad's 72... He'd still whip my ass if I gave him a good reason! To this day he has a standing appointment with a barber every three weeks on Wednesday morning at 8AM. If my hair goes longer than 3 weeks he calls me a F%^& Hippie. I wear a belt, hold the door for others, wave and thank all law enforcement and service members, and rarely wear a hat indoors. Sadly today many don't have a dad and the one that they do have is a douchebag. Don't think for one minute that our 50% divorce rate has nothing to do with the way these kids act. The over extended charge cards, the home equity lines, the overspending on everything creates a lot of stress on a marriage. I've watched four of my closest friends go through a divorce and lose everything. Not me.. If I got a divorce my dad would whip my ass LOL!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    crappiedude, bdawg, Ruminator and 3 others like this.
  18. Every generation has always complained about the next generation.
    That s just what you do as you get older:D....
    The 50's had greasers,60's had hippies,then cocaine days of the 70's an 80's.now the millinials.
    For every dude with a man bun. There a are a hard worker his same age....

19. I rarely see guys with a man bun. Nowadays it's the bearded I wanna be a lumberjack look with the jeans that look like they belong to their little sister.

crappiedude, Saugeyefisher and jray like this.
  20. capt j-rod

capt j-rod member

I'd love to believe that saugeye, but this time it's different. I know they said that before, but I've never seen people so butt hurt over an election. I've never seen such disrespect for our country and flag. I've never seen so many people take handouts and welfare. I really think this one will have a different outcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.