close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Midwest Sportsman

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Phil Carver, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Well next week is the "big" week . It is the week of the Midwest Sportsman Classic at Ky/Barkley lakes ! I am starting to get nervous already . Good luck to the 2 central Ohio Division teams , Vance / Vance & De Francisco / Johnson who will be representing our division along with Gabe & myself . I hope one of our teams comes home with the $10,000 and [​IMG]
    That will be given away to the 1st place team at the classic ! See you guys there .

2. Only took 8 teams out of White Oak division and we finished tenth :mad: so all I can do is root for the Hometown (or Homestate) teams. Once again Good Luck... :)

3. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

The boat is loaded and we are leaving right from work, I can't Wait! Hitting Bass Pro in Cincy on the way down. Good luck everyone!

4. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Good luck boys, keep us posted as soon as you get back. I think Adam and his dad are going before the other two teams to pre-fish. Prolly will have 'em sore mouthed for you guys!!!! HEHEHEHE....see ya...BD :eek:

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Good luck ladies! I know you'll represent us buckeye's well ;)

6. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Good Luck to you all. But most of all.......HAVE FUN!

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

good luck all, go get em'!

8. Phil Carver

Heading out the door in a few hours to go down and get some pre-fishin in before the cut off . Word from most guys I've talked to say that they have yet to catch a keeper . :( Alot of short fish in the 12-14" range but nothing over 15" yet . One team from my Division had a real bad day . They blew a piston in the new/used boat they bought back about a month ago ! :( On the brite side , they are not out of it , they have a aluminum bass boat stored at their cabin they have down there so they are going to use it . :) Ill post results as soon as I can .

9. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Good luck Phil and all your team that is heading down. Try to make a good showing!! Keep us updated.

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Good luck phil and guys.

11. Phil Carver

Well , it was a tough week down there . We caught alot of fish that I would have been proud to weigh in up here . There was a 15" min. size limit there and we sure caught our share of fish between 14.5 and 14.75" . There were 110+ teams that blanked on day 1 . The bad thing was that the fish we were catching were over 2.5# and very full of shad . It mad us sad to only catch a keeper toward the end of the last day but we sure had fun .

On a good note I would like to congradulate the team of Frank De Francisco and Ed Johnson from the Columbus Division on their 11th place finish ! :) Good way to show them that us Ohio boys can compete . They caught 2 keepers on day 1 that went 3.66# and found 5 keepers on day 2 to move them toward the top . God job guys ! :) I will post their total weight as soon as I receive the results .

12. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Well, it was tough to catch a keeper. We only weighed one fish and we WORKED for that one. My dad and I had a pretty stressful/exspensive week. We were so pumped about using that new Pro-Craft :( At least we didn't have to go home though. I am really glad we got to fish, and I am super proud of Ed and Frank for doing so well. Way to go guys! There is always next year :)

13. Phil Carver

We ended up with 302 boats in this years classic ! It was unbelievable how Gary Bailey and his crew put every thing together and made every thing run so smooth . They had the parking , launching , weigh in ect down pat ! The pre-tournament banquet was a very good time . I would like to thank the Inn by the lake for the food . I dont know how they did all the work they did to feed over 600 people . They prepared hickory smoked chops , potatoes , green beans and peach cobler ! Man was it good ! there were lots of door prizes , Greenfish77 and I both recieved a Lucky Craft crank bait and also some soft plastics . They also gave away some G-loomis rods , All Pro rods , Midwest Sportsman IM8 rods a Polaris 4x4 atv and a Tracker 17' w/75 merc. ! Next year will be awsome ! They will give "2" Nitro 882's to to the 1st place team along with the $10,000 ! No other circuit out there has that going on . I cant wait until next year .

14. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Congrats gents on making the "dance" Glad Ed and Frank did pretty well. Sounds like you guys enjoyed the experience. See ya next year..Phil, I take it I didn't win the ATV from the raffle, :mad: sure could use it to deer hunt with.... :rolleyes:

15. Phil Carver

Ya the polaris atv that was raffled off would have been nice . I bought around 40 tickets myself hopeing to win it . :(

16. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Phil:
    Will they post a list of who won the raffles? At least we'd know who and if they gave them away.

17. Good job Ed and Frank way to represent!!!! Nice to have some central Ohio boys near the top. :)

I am glad everybody had a good time.

Rusty

18. Phil Carver

Dale
    I cant remember the exact names that were drawn , but they were not any-one I sold tickets to . :(