close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Midwest C.O.D. Member

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Phil Carver, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I thought I would post here to notify all the guys that fished our divisions that Frank De Francisco has been at the hospital in ICU since Saturday evening . Most of te guys that know Frank , know his body does not take to kindly to anything from a scrape to a major injury . He was found to have a bad case of Pneumonia . I sure hope he gets well soon and is able to make the trip to Ky for our classic . I really would like to see him there . He and his partner did a really good job there last year and came in 11th pl. out of 296 boats ! Please keep him in your thoughts guys .

2. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Frank is one of the nicest guys on the circuit. I wish him the best.

3. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Thanks for the info Phil. Get well Frank....BD

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Frank is a super guy, they don't come any nicer. Our prayers are with you buddy.

5. Gomez

Gomez Just Hangin' Around

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Frank.

g

6. Frank, I 've never met you, but your name pops up all the time on the site. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Eric

7. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Any updates Phil? Can we send him some fishing flowers. Put some cranks and spinners on them. You fly I'll buy.

8. Phil Carver

Update
    Frank was realeased to a regular room this morning , only to return to ICU this afternoon . He had a very bad reaction to the medication they gave him . As soon as he is stable in a regular room , I will be able to send him something from the guys .

9. GREENFISH77

GREENFISH77 Team BAss Xtreme

:( Get Well soon buddy. We need your entertainment at the ramp! See you on tthe water soon.

10. Phil Carver

Quick update
    Frank still remains in ICU . He is stable but they just dont want to chance releasing him back to a regular room as of yet .

11. My thoughs and prayers are with you. Get well soon

Rusty

12. Phil Carver

Frank had to have a tube inserted on Friday to remove the fluids off of his lungs . I have spoken to him and he isnt doing to good guys . :( You could tell by the sound of his vioce that he was in very bad pain , exhausted and barely coheirent . Hang in there buddy we need ya to be able to go show us how its done in KY !

13. Phil - Any word on the ol' boy?

14. Phil Carver

He's still in ICU this morning . He is starting to do a little better and the infection is starting to clear up . He may get to a regular room by the end of the week . I dont believe that he will be makeing it to Ky for the classic , but who knows , this man is a fighter ! :)

15. I can't believe he's been in the hospital for 2 weeks!! I never got to know the guy very well this year, but from what I hear, he's a great guy, and from what I know, he's one of the best fishermen I've ever met. Get well soon and God be with you Frank!!!!

Keup

16. Phil Carver

Update
    Frank was released from Icu and also released to go home late this evening . He seems to be doing ok but was waiting for his oxygen machine to arrive at his home . He really wants to get in shape to go to KY even if he cannot get any prefishin in . I hope he is well enough to get there .

17. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

18. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Good to hear he is home. Hope he gets well enough to go to Kentucky, he is a fun guy to be around.

19. Phil Carver

Frank seems to be doing alot better . He has gotten outside a few times and got some fresh air . It is still up in the air if he is going to be able to go to the classic . I hope to see him there . Its all up to what the doc tells him tommorro .

Im leaveing out to head to KY in a few so good luck to everyone that is in the classic , see ya there .

20. JBJ

JBJ

Holy crap, I just stumbled across this thread. I've known DeFran since I was a kid. My thoughts and prayers, Frank. You are da'man and can beat anything. Whip this thing and get your butt back on the water!