Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

Going to be on Middle Bass Island this weekend and will be doing some fishing from the shore and from a canoe. I've had a lot of success in the past using a drop-shot with goby's which resulted in Smallies, Rock Bass and Drum... Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight on how I could get into some other species considering my limited mobility with the canoe? I usually drift in 10-20 feet of water close to the shore. I do have a fish finder. Any information on how to catch perch, walleyes, other species, etc. would be great. I only catch/release as I'm in it for the sport. Also, are there catfish to be caught around the islands? If so, what type of bait can be used? Was considering my prospects of shore line night fishing as the property I will be staying on has some potential... Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
The passages between M Bass and N Bass or S Bass both hold walleye and small mouth.

The deeper water by Ballast holds perch, as does the area SE of Rattlesnake. Looks for pack of anchored boats.

Any water 6' or deeper that has current running past, could produce walleyes at night. Try casting shallow running minnow lures at dusk, or after the moon comes up, or around security lights.

Good luck and have fun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts