Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
always bumpin
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been doing alot of trolling at tappan the past couple years . and will go out all day and not catch a thing until right around 8 oclock (what i like to call primetime) . now i know thats when they are most active and you are most likely to catch them. but theres gotta be a strategy to catching them during midday right? do i need to be trolling deeper during the day? using any other different tactics? used to only troll shadraps/hot n tots/wiggle warts etc. and have moved more towards wormharnesses behind bottom walkers. i know most guys say you need to put the time in , well i have and i still cant catch them during the day. was wondering if any of you guys had any info you could share with me. i practice catch/photo/release . i dont keep the fish so you dont have to worry about me effecting the fish population lol i just love catching saugeye more than any other fish, and if i could make my all day trips more worthwhile thatd be awesome. any input would be greatly appreciated . thanks!

·
Fish On
388 Posts
Hey willY have you been to saltfork? That is the only lake that i can catch eye's! I have only caught one eye at tappan this year! When the weather is hot like this i switch from trolling to jig head with a crawler! 12' to 14' deep, off flats. Pulled a 24" , 23",18"and a 17" sunday morning at saltfork with a jig and worm! Keep at it, and it will payoff, goodluck shorthair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts