close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mid-summer outing by the maumee river?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crappielooker, Mar 3, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey all..trying to get an idea how many are interested in getting together on the maumee for some mid-summer smallies action.. heck..might as well do some cattin' and carpin' while we are at it as well..
    what do u guys think?? can we pull this off??

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I'm down to make the drive....

3. where do you suggest :confused:

4. crappielooker

we can make buttonwood our homebase.. lots of area to fish within walking distance.. even float trip could be done if the summer pool is low..

5. Buttonwood be a good place but I have had more luck in the Grand Rapids area I know of some very good holes even my brother don't know of :D P.K.

6. I'm in. Smallies, carp or cats, i could care less. I would really like to take a night out and try for some flatheads but i doubt guys want to give out their holes to everyone.

7. I'm in but I agree with mojo that the dam would be better, there you can catch everything in the river. How many of you been up here for the walleye run? Talk about a good time, it dont get much better. That would also be a good time for outing!!!!!

8. Sound like a plan. Count me in. Directions,times,day-days all this will be psted hopefully?

9. I am game...As long as it is in the first half of the summer. I think that I am moving to Buffalo, NY...other end of Erie in July or August. Can't wait for the warmer weather.

trane

10. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

That sounds like a great idea! Sundays work best for me, but I know a lot of you guys like to hit it on Saturdays. Why don't we make it for the first or second weekend in June. And we should surely do it more than once... maybe a cat day, smallie day, and carp day. Any thoughts or comments welcome, Ted

11. Whatever son of godzilla. I'll always be your DADDYYYYYYYYYY.

count me In. I'll bring the smores

12. crappielooker

i figured by mid to late summer the smallies will be smacking the shad hard on topwater.. that in itself is a blast.. while the rest of year they tends to shy away from surface bait.. and by mid summer, the water will have hopefully calm down to a trickle..makes it easier to fish and spot them in the water.. nothin like wading in clear river water and seein smallies jumpin all over.. :)
    seems like alot of folks are interested.. i'll get some kinda dates set up.. any suggestions are more than welcome.. :)

13. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

Count me in ,nothing like fishin smallies and channels during the day.Then catchin flatties at night.The dam would be good for me with the marina above it,with about 15 miles of navigatible river some could bring there boats.There is some good cattin water up river.Does buttonwood have a campgrounds,I know the dam does.Just wondering cause I might come on saturday and leave sunday night.

14. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

Buttonwood does have primitive camping.

15. Any day any time :eek: I know it is very hard to deal with your little brother being a far superior fisherman,but I think their is help for you it's going to be very tough but I think you'll pull through. Mybe if your daughter or wife let you go we will go down to the river tomorrow morning let me know.P.S. Maybe later on the week will head out to the lake in your fancy boat after walleyes :D :D

16. I know it is very hard to deal with your little brother being a far superior fisherman. :p :p :

Better watch it the Mods here will ban you for not telling the truth. :) :)

17. crappielooker

what kind of timeframe do you maumee cats guy think would be a good timing?? the second to last weekend in august or somewhere in the end of august?? i would love to catch a few cats from the maumee since i heard so much about it here.. :) hopefully it will be somewhat a dry kinda year.. like in 2001.. :D
    hopefully we will be catchin a whitebass or 20 in the same area too..that would be a bonus.. :D i just can't wait to see the swhirl behind my torpedo then seein smallie just leapin out smackin it.. all on a 6lbs test line.. aahhhh.. daang.. is it summer yet?? :D i have caught 2 fish on the same torpedo before there.. one on each treble hook.. talk about a fight..lol..
    ohh maaan.. summer just can't come fast enough

18. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

The second to last weekend should be good.That is the weekend of my birthday,which I get to fish all weekend(my birthday present from my fiance) :D .And I alway's do fairly well then .I can't wait until summer ,this is going to be fun.

19. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

You know I'm in if the schedule allows. Are there any campgrounds from Grand Rapids to Maumee right on the water? Might be a thought there too.