Mid-Ohio Walleye Club meeting this Thursday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Toolman, May 6, 2008.

1. The Mid-Ohio Walleye Club will meet this Thursday night (5/8/08) at 7 PM at Gormans Nature Center 2295 Lexington Avenue, Mansfield. The club is FREE and open to all! Coffee and snacks are provided. A raffle for fishing lures/prizes will be held following the meeting.

This month's speaker will be Matt Davis. He is a long time Lake Erie fisherman as well as an accomplished walleye tournament angler. Among some of the tournament circuits Matt has fished are the World Walleye Association (WWA), the Western Ohio Walleye Association (WOWC), the Lake Erie Walleye Trail (LEWT), and the Masters Walleye Circuit (MWC). He has also been the Tournamant Director of the LEWT from 2004 to present. Among his many tournament accomplishments are (along with partner Dan Gies) a 3rd place finish in last years MWC World Walleye Championships (held on Lake Erie), 3-time Cabelas NTC Qualifier, and 2003 WOWC Points Champion. Matt is sponsored by Pennzoil Marine, The Sportsman’s Outpost, Reef Runner Lures, Starcraft Marine, Minn Kota, Humminbird Electronics, Vic’s Sports Center, Bert’s Custom Tackle, Crown Battery, Cyclops Lures, and O2 Marine Technologies.

Matt's presentation will cover fishing with bottom bouncers and spinners, as applied to both Lake Erie and inland lakes walleyes. Hope to see lots of new faces there.

Tim

2. Last meeting until fall. Don't miss it!

Tim

3. I think there was about 35 people in attendance last night for the last MOWC meeting until September. Matt Davis gave an excellent presentation on bottom bouncer presentations. Thanks again Matt! See you guys in the Fall!

Tim (newly appointed prez of the MOWC):p

4. "Prez"?? That may take some getting used to saying.:D:D Congratulations on the new position.

5. I just hope to do half the job as Greg and Greg have done since the MOWC's inception. Big shoes to fill, to say the least, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Tim

6. Tim,
    You've been a big help and it takes guys like yourself to make things like the MOWC successful. I wanted to be there thursday, but had a late commitment come up. I plan to continue to attend and help out as I can. Thanks for stepping up to the reins.

Trapper