Micro Spoons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nightprowler, May 10, 2008.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Whats the best way to fish these Micro Spoon? I'm sure somebody is paid to fish with them and know a few tricks.

2. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

Bigdaddy and Chaunc are sponsored by them---id wait for there response :)

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Nobody knows how or when is the best time to use these? I figure these for winter ice baits.

4. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Just met Chaunc a few weeks back. He is a great guy and was more than willing to share his set-up and tatics with me. Got my spoons Monday and can't wait to give them a try . Go to the Northeast section Thats where he been posting lately

5. You can fish them all different ways. Under a casting bobber, slip bobber. Tied up with a double rig or Kentucky rig and drifted/trolled. Tip them with a minnow, waxworm, maggots, or crappie nibbles.. Very versitile lures.

My favorite way is to long line drift/slow troll them deep using a double rig. Tie on a 1/16 oz jig using a loop knot, lets the jig move around some and increase the action... The tag end of the loop should be about 15 to 18 inches long. Tie the Microspoon to the tag end using a Palomar knot. The two lures should be 15 or so inches apart. When fishing them, depending on the speed of your drift, just hang it over the side. If you hit bottom, bring the baits up about a crank of the reel and start searching. You'll find the fish soon enough! The faster the troll/drift, the more line you'll need to let out to get the baits down to the fish zone.