close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mickey mouse boots

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by bttmline, Dec 12, 2004.

1. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

hey guys
    lakeland supply in freeport,ohio on 800s has a real good stock of these great ice fishing boots. from size 7 to size 14, white and black, and various
    widths. he also has some other ice fishing stuff but not like corey does. this is an army surplus type store but does have alot of archery items. tell him tim, from keeping you in stitches sent you.
    tim

2. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I got my MM boots and was supprised to find that they have no inserts. Just plain rubber throughout. Do I need to by inserts or just put on the socks and go? Thanx for the help in advance!

Gene

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

all i do is wear a good set of socks. i also carry extras, sometimes your feet will sweat because of the warmth. i also never put them on till i am ready to get on the ice to keep your feet from sweating. if your feet are wet they will get cold no matter what kind of boots you have. the sock that wick moisture away are the best.
    tim

4. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Thanx Tim......You don't even put any of those sole pads in them huh? Just a sock and slide the boot on! It's hard to believe those boots will keep your feet warm to look at them. Can't wait for ice to see. They are a lot lighter than I expected too.

Gene

5. JBJ

JBJ

I wore those bad boys during winter training in the Army. My feet NEVER got cold and we were in -40 degree w/c weather. All I wore was one pair of issue socks and I poured sweat out of those boots every night.

6. The reason they are all rubber is so you can easily wipe the interior dry. :cool: I used them for deer hunting when I was younger and didn't mind the weight. I never worried about getting into water over the top of the boot as I carried an extra pair of sox with me. :p Your feet wont get cold even when wet if you keep moving as the boots act like a wet suit. :)

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

they also are layered with wool,in between the rubber. for extreme cold the ones with the air valve can be pumped up with air for added insulation in extreme cold weather.

8. Hey guys just some advise from and old m&m boot user. Don't blow air into the valve this puts mosture in to the wool felt causeing frezzing.The valve is for letting air out of the layers at high altutues for paratropers.I still have the instructions fron a pair that explains this.JP Heil army surplus on rt 43 in springfieid by mogadore sells them also.
    Fred