close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Michigan Ice Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Gobi Muncher, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Been thinking of heading up Mi. way this weekend to ice fish. Never been and was wondering if anyone has been to any decent lakes say within a couple hours of the Mi / Oh border. We have been trying to get info. on the Metro Beach area or close to that. Any help would be appreciated.
    BTW........it is a free fishing weekend in Mi for the 16th and 17th, that is why we were thinking of up there.
    Thanks!!!!

2. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Gobi, check your PM sent you some info.

3. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Ended up fishing out of a ramp next to Selfridge Air Nat'l Guard base (SANG) and pretty much beat them up all day (last Sat. 2/16). The size was lacking, couldn't find the Jumbo's we were hoping to get into, but still a blast and a nice change from the same 'ol around here. Brought home around 35 decent fish (8-10's). We didn't start keeping any until around 4, figuring we would eventually find the mother load of hawgs, but no go. So we figured we'd at least bring home something to chew on. Ice was 10-12 inches and you could see bottom in 8 ft of water (deepest we fished that day). May try to hit it again this weekend depending on weather and ice conditions!!!

4. Very nice!

I have had one of my longest ice fishing seasons this year due to the great state of Michigan!!!

Got to look, but there has been safe ice virtually every weekend for me since early Dec..

5. i have been fishing michigan also. We went to Saginaw bay for the weekend and loaded up on walleyes. The fishing was excellent. If anyone wants info contact me. We fished 3 different lakes more north about a month ago and i can say it was definently not worth the trip. One keeper walleye, two pike, and a ton of tiny perch not worth bringing the knife out for. Saginaw bay was almost as good as the western Basin of Lake Erie last year on the ice. No hogs but a lot from 18-24 inches