Ohio Game Fishing banner

Michigan Grouse

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  t.c. 
#1 ·
Leave for michigan's up next sunday for 5 days of grouse and woodcock hunting. Anxious to see how my pup does.

#5 ·
wife has a uncle that has a cabin in that area.that's not to far from where i'll be.just talked to some friends up there and they said the hunting is good for the grouse but,the woodcocks are a little thin this year.i'll probably doing more bow hunting then birds,even though i need to hunt my brit more.

#8 ·
i just got back last night.didn't get any salmon.seen only one deer and wasn't able to get a shot.the only time it wasn't rainy(3 out of $ days) i was able to get my brit and buddies labs out and was able to take acouple of grouse.the dogs done a fine job but,the shooters couldn't do thiers.seen alot of grouse and woodcock.

#10 ·
for her first outing like that,she done fairly well.the gun fire didn't seem to bother her which i'm vry glad for.she seemed bored at the end of the hunt do to us shooters not being able to put more birds on the ground.i just need to take her more and be able to put more down for her to retrieve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.