Mich-Ohio Sportfishing Expo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sir Walter, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Hello everyone, I'm a new member of OGF and also a member of the Huron Valley Sportsmans club in SE Mich. We put on the Sportfishing Expo last weekend in Monroe, Mi. This was our 2nd year and I know we had many Ohio sportsmen and women attend our show both this year and last. Any feedback from members good or bad that attended this years show would be appreciated. We knew it would be quite a big undertaking, but we also know that our areas, SE Mi. and NW Ohio needed a good show and this is why we decided two years ago to put on the Expo. We have a contract with the MBT Expo Center and we will be having our sportfishing show every year the week following the Superbowl. We want to make it bigger and better next year so if you have any good ideas, we sure would like your input. One of the things I would like to see is seminars given by Capt's, Guides, or just good fishermen and women from the Toledo, Port Clinton, Huron, and Vermillion area for next years show. We can't budget big speakers fees yet, but we provide all speakers with a free 10X10ft booth with an 8ft table and two chairs. Thats a savings of almost two hundred dollars. We like to cover topics on Walleyes, Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass, Muskies, and Steelhead. So if you have someone in mind you would like to see and hear give a seminar, let me know.
    Thank you. Tom
    On another note, yes I was out on the ice Feb. 6th and 7th off of Crane Creek and also got off of the ice at Wild Wings with many others on the 7th. Boy did the media get that story onesided against people who were out there. Thats all I want to say about that subject. Have a great day, Tom

2. Hi Tom..

I have attended both shows and enjoyed them. I wish you the best down the road in the future. The venue is nice, parking is close (and free I might add) and the door prizes were exceptional.

One thing that I noticed last Sunday was a lack of a vendor selling rods and reels, specifically trolling combos. I know that there were a few last year, but this year that element was missing from what I witnessed. I would think that there has to be a vendor who is missing an opportunity with this aspect.

Congrats for a good show, and thank you for all that you and others continue to do.

3. Thanks for the nice words. I will definetly bring this to the attention of the directors and see if we can get more vendors selling rod and reel combos for both walleyes and salmon for next years show. Tom