close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Miami Whitewater Bluecats

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by meatwad, Mar 7, 2005.

1. [​IMG]
    Hey check out these bluecats that were caught at miami whitewater over the weekend. Bill and Steve really know how to catch those blues out there at miami whitewater. I heard the bluecat fishing is on fire out there. Give the boathouse a call to find out the details 1-513-367-9632.

2. Oh, by the way I just want to let you guys know that these cats were all released back in to the lake.

3. Would love to catch one of those. Thanks for sharing. I have to get over there soon - I like fishing that lake. Catch and Release is Great!

BlueWater

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

5. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

my god. I am definitely not fishing that night tournament then if they will be there...

6. Is this place a paylake?Nice looking cats!

7. It's not a pay lake.

8. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Well, not really. It's one of the lakes in the Hamilton County Parks District. You are only allowed to fish from shore in one spot and if you want more access you have to rent a john boat (if you fish them alot consider buying a trolling motor and battery). Plus you can only fish during certain hours. It's a nice place and the limited bank access make the place pretty clean. It's a good option for those without boats and want some fun and better water access.

9. The park normally closes at dark except for Fridays and Saturdays between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day when you can fish until midnight. I believe you can keep cats up to 15 lbs and anything above 15 lbs is C & R. If you bring cats over 15 lbs to be weighed at the boat house they will give you a coupon for a day's boat rental. I didn't fish there last year but that's how they have done it in the past.

When I go I usually use waxworms to catch some bluegills for bait before I start catting. Cut trout also works well especially early in the season. There are shad in the lake but don't let the rangers catch you throwing a cast net.