close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Metzgers Marsh???

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrm123, Jun 28, 2004.

1. What happen to the water its gone? I went out Sat to fish and the water is just not there. First time in 15 yrs I've seen it this way. What gives?

2. maumeemoon

maumeemoon Just one more cast...

The state is drawing it down to get rid of unwanted plant species. I read something about it in the Toledo Blade recently, maybe even yesterdays edition.

3. read last page of Toledo Sunday Blade Sports Section. They are eliminating tall obnoxiuos grasses and making mud flats for shore birds. The eagles love the trapped fish. Their plans from an earlier article are to raise the level and supposedly the fish can get back into the marsh.

4. yeah they should have it back up in the fall. its a real common method in managed/restored marshes. helps with the waterfowl too. allows plant to grow and seed and supply food for the ducks in the fall. hopefully the fish moce back in. there are some jumbo perch in the there in the fall

5. Thanks for the info guys. I just need a diffrent place to go. Muamee Bay, Pearson Park, Evergreen, just is'nt cuttin any more.

6. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

Mrm
    Have you ever tried the boat channel on the other side of the road? I don't know how hard it is to walk, I've only done it from a boat. Decent largemouth fishing in there sometimes, I just cast white spinnerbaits and differnt colors of crankbaits depending on water color parallel to the bank. you'll get sheeps and every once in a while you'll get a smallie near the pier. Good Luck

7. I will give it a shot, with the 2 man pond hopper,trolling motor,w/ fish finder vessel I have I might just get lucky. Don't tell the wife though :p . Thanks for the advice. Mike,

8. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

Thats good that you have a boat, try all the points and channel intersections, I've done the best at first light before the boat traffic gets going but they're pretty much use to the boats and I have caught them through out the day. One word of caution, keep an eye on the lake boats, for some reason some of them try to see how close they can get to you and there's no reason for it :confused: there's plenty of room, plus you'll get some pretty good wakes.
    Good Luck