Metzgers Marsh Boat access.

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by riverrat642, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Hi, I'm new to this site and so far it looks like the place to be:D Wonder if you guy's can make any recommendation to where I could put in and fish Lake Erie's southwest shore with my 16 ft flat bottom aluminum boat. I'd like to fish for smallies,walleyes or perch,but I wouldn't want to venture to far off shore with this boat. I hear Sterling State Park in Mi is a good spot,but the ramp is closed for another week or 2. Would I have much luck puting in at Metzgers Marsh? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. if u go in at metzgers marsh u can catch a lot of large mouth until u get out to the lake and by the rocks i hear they do alright for smallies, for perch they do caTCH SOME BY THE PIER BUT NOT MANY THEM AND WALLEYES ARE USUALLY OUT FURTHER. good luck

3. Thanks for the info. Will try to get out on thursday.

4. Did you have any luck?

5. rutty

rutty Cowboy Charters

You can put in at Meinkes/AnchorPoint, there are a lot of LM in the marina itself, you could then fish the outside breakwall for LM as well, haven't caught any SM in that area but plenty of big LM. You could then venture out to the Toledo Water Intake for perch pretty much year round, that isn't that far out there....2 miles or so. You don't have to go out all the way to the intake but I would start out on the west side.

Good Luck and Welcome to the site!