close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

metroparks dog shooting update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Jan 8, 2009.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

coppied from another site. Metropark Dog shooting update!
    Talked with a metroparks ranger (high ranking) who was involved in the shooting case from a few weeks ago.

There will be charges filed formally today against

THE OWNER OF THE DOG THAT WAS SHOT!

NO CHARGES will be filed against the shooter.

The owner of the Rottweiler will be charged with not having control of his dog, and will be responsible for any medical treatments the other dog received, as well as get a fine for having his dog out of his control on Metropark property.

The Metroparks rangers decided that the shooter, who had a legal CCW permit acted responsibly by first trying to seperate the dogs, and when it became futile, acted AGAINST THE AGGRESSIVE AND DANGEROUS behavior posed by the Rottweiler to him and his dog.

sad for the rott owner, because he lost his dog, and will be charged as well,

but score one for common sense, and CCW owners
    _________

2. Yahoo!!, Finally a sensible judgement.

Prepare for an uproar, but....

Dogs are property, not beings with rights and feelings. A bond between a dog and it's owner is great, but to try to then impose "citizenship" upon the dog and give it the rights of a human being is beyond my ken. We are supposed to be stewarts (spelling?) of the land and all upon it. Manage the population of animals so they do not overgrow their habitat. I don't think Darwin is right about creation, but i think his theory of the smart and strong surviving is right on. We protect and preserve too many of the weaker, and dumber members of nearly every species, which in turn weakens the genetic pool. Dumb people and animals used to be able to do dumb stuff and get themselves killed. it is much harder now with all the protective measures forced upon us by government and society.

Rant over.

Huntinbull

3. BigV

BigV BigV

Here is a link to the original story for those interested.

Story Here

4. Was there a follow up by the News Media? As stated, the Media(all ) sensationalize most everthing they feel will sell or bring attention. Their editing of sound bites are real pieces of work.

5. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

gives me a little bit of hope for america

6. Glad to hear there is some common sense!

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

+1 for common sense.

8. In Darwin's theory of evolution, "fitness" is defined as the ability to successfully reproduce. In other words, the "smartest" and "strongest" will not necessarily survive.

9. BigV

BigV BigV

The latest in the continuing saga…

PD Story Here

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015