close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Metro-park urban deer hunt......

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by bozz, Sep 23, 2004.

1. bozz

bozz

I won a lotto at the dayton area Metro park deer hunt.....anybody ever done one of these is it worth it ???

2. Hey Congrats...
    Let us know how it goes/went...

3. bozz

bozz

Thanks.....we'll do....I shoot my qualifier Sat.,......have to put 4 out of 5 arrows in a 10" ring at 20 yds. Not bad....just have not shot in a while.

4. WOW... Thats pretty liberal.. I won't shoot at a deer with my compound if I can't place 4 out of five inside a 3" cirlce..
    GOOD LUCK & PRACTICE

5. bozz

bozz

Yeah I know.....easy anuff...on a good day I like to stay in a 3" group out to 30 yds. with an occasional flyer that drives me nuts......should be a slam dunk at 20 in a 10" .....we get to warm up first......just wish I had been shooting.....Its like riding a bike.....I'll shoot a few in the morn just to make sure we are still tune.....thats the scary part....qualifier's are from 9-5 so I have plenty of time.......no worry's mate.....lol !!!

6. hahahaa...
    Sounds like your good to go man :D
    I created some directions that will allow you to "paper tune" your bow on your own and its really easy to do...
    --->CLICK HERE <---

7. bozz

bozz

Cool....thanks dude.....I need it....lol.

8. Not a prob man...
    Have fun and SHOOT straight !!

9. bozz

bozz

Just shot a couple of 5" groups not bad for not shooting all year and first round of the season......think I'll be ok Sat.,....as long as I relax !! Thanks....

10. I'd keep shooting to at the least get your bow muscles loose untill the soreness goes away... ;)
    I like to take one shot (just like hunting) each day at diff ranges each time to in a way simulate a one shot hunting situation...
    My practice routine goes like this:
    I hold for 20 secs on 1st shot
    25 2nd
    30 3rd at each yardage
    3 shots at 15 yrds
    3 shots at 20 yrds
    3 shots at 30 yrds
    3 shots at 40 yrds
    3 shots at 30 yrds
    3 shots at 20 yrds
    then I'm done :)
    What this does is strength'n my bow muscles and holding time... I feel I can pull my bow at any angle required from a tree stand and hold longer too

11. bozz

bozz

Good routine......yeah I bowfish alot in summer...but shoot lower weight.....need to shoot a good round tommorow morn. before I head out to the range.....I shoot a routine alot like that....

12. How do you get to hunht? Or I guess what are the guidelines?
    From a tree stand? Pre-determined area? How big if so? Can you bait? Make mock scrapes?

13. bozz

bozz

200 acres....10 guys drew....treestand only....One guy I know that drew is the manager of Dicks sporting goods....he said the area is over run by deer...should be a easy urban tag to fill.....we get a set of keys to unlock the gate.....we also get aerial maps to show over populated spots.....they will give us a safety interview too.....I'll know even more tommorow......its a pilot program....first of its kind around here...its at shiloh woods conservation park is where I drew....there is a smaller park 90 acres for 5 guys to hunt as well.