close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Metal Fabrication

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigJohn, Apr 14, 2005.

1. I need to get a couple of brackets fabricated for my lawn mower deck. Not much fabrication to it, just an 8" piece of 2" angle iron with 4 holes in it. But I don't have the skills or tools to do it right. Anybody have any ideas on a welding or fabrication shop that might be able to help me out? I'm on the east side of Columbus. Or if anyone here has the tools and wants to make a few bucks that would work to. I think I can get the angle iron at Lowe's.

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I would guess that any welding shop would have angle iron. If they do, I am sure they would cut a couple pieces 8 inchs long off and drill a couple holes for ya!

3. you can save yourself a few bucks by buying a "dropped" piece of angle iron from a local metal supply place. Dropped pieces come from the guy who orders an 8' piece of angle iron from a supply place that purchases 10' pieces from the mill. The prices are roughly half of what the home improvement places charge. For a small piece it may not be worth it unless one is much closer to you than the other. I'm sure someone around you has a MIG welder that would help you out.

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

loews also sell"perforated " galvanized angle metal. it has nothing bot holes in sequence and it would prolly work for you, just cut to length. look in hardware or electrical area . i could do it for you, but i live in cleveland.sorry

5. Thanks for all the help guys. I found a local welder that did the job for me in about a 1/2 hour and only charged me $10. Sweet.