close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Merc 110 Lower Unit needed

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by CamdenGizzard, Jun 5, 2007.

1. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

Merc 110 1964-65-66 SN 1990869
    My lower unit has a huge crack in it and im either replacing the lower unit or welding it. Does anyone know anyone with an old Merc 110?

Thanks

Here is a link if you have one to check the year

http://www.oldmercs.com/models.html

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

If you can stomach buying new or refurb, check out iboats.com. I got one for my old boat (johnson 120 hp) years ago, that even the local dealers couldn't get as cheap at cost. Was even warrantied, and they refund a chunk if you send back the old one (core).

3. "EYE" DOCTOR

"EYE" DOCTOR "EYE" DOCTOR

I have one for a 50 hp but i dont think it will fit the 110hp. I think it will only fit up to 85 hp? If it will fit it is just a good housing but the inside gears are bad. If you are close to Tappan lake check with the mechanic downstairs. He might have one or at least know where to locate one. Another good source is Pappys boat motor repair in Freeport. He has alot of older motors for parts. His number is 1-740-5001.

4. "EYE" DOCTOR

Forgot to say that i got my last used one on ebay. I had to buy the whole motor and drive to Clevland to get it. It was still cheaper than a new or refurbished one. I think they are selling for aroung $400.00 now and much higher for a new one. You can get them on ebay for around $150-$300 for a complete non runner.

5. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

The Merc 110 is the model, 9.8 is the HP. Sorry should have cleared that up. Not sure why Mercury did that back then.

6. "EYE" DOCTOR

The 50hp lower unit will not fit. You may be able to use one from a 15hp or 25hp youll just have to change the prop.