Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of the lagoons this AM and headed at 330 to 78 feet(18 miles) hit walleye and steelhead right away. Trolled around for 5 hours ended up with 5 walleye and 8 steelhead in the box. Probably let go and lost 10 more steelhead. Dipseys 3 1/2 at 175 and 1 1/2 at 130. Chicken wing was HOT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Grizz thanks for the report. I am also in the Mentor Lagoons, and just returned from a fly-in trip for walleye and pike in Quebec. We did Ok, but was looking forward to hitting the Big Lake for Walleye and Steelhead. Not sure I'm comfortable making that run for walleye (18-miles) at this time, but appreciate the info.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I headed out of there this evening with a coworker who has his boat there. We're going to try the skinny water bite.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
sounds like a nice box of fish, no stealhead on my boat yet all walleye. how was the lake today. plan on going there friday wind permiting. rockytop (BOB)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for the report Grizz. We were hoping to make it up tomorrow, but not gonna happen due to the weather. Glad to see someone got out and caught some though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
TNX for the report Grizz...that line/depth was where I was tryin' to get to last night out of eastlake but I got blown back to dock after pokin' around 70 fow in nasty rollers. Down, wind! Runnin' any riggers? Boards? Or just Dipseys?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts