close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Memorial Wknd at CJ & IL

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Chemlab187, May 27, 2007.

1. Fished CJ on Saturday morning at the north end, trolled down to the bouys and back. (I put in at the very north pulloff, scanoe) Caught 2 catfish on cranks. North end is really shallow and the water is 76F. Wont put in there again. (I was trying to avoid the main ramp and its hilarity) I hear there are walleye in this lake. ;)

Fished IL this morning, trolled from moundwood ramp around the dream bridge area, caught 3 catfish on cranks. Didnt see anyone catching anything. Squall blew up and I was off the lake by 11am. (got otw at 6:30) Where are the saugeye? :( (tried trolling twistytails, cranks, and lift/drop jigging while drifting)

There was not nearly as much traffic as I expected for a holiday weekend.

Trying to decide if IL is worth driving twice as far for me as CJ. CJ is about 24miles door to ramp.

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

Go to C.J. The Walleyes are just ready to light up while this is usually the time that the Saugeyes at IL start to scatter and get harder to find. I know, some of you guys catch 'eyes at Indian all Summer but us mere mortals can't do that. I'm not aware of any trolling bite turning on yet a C.J. but jigging is looking better all the time.

Don't worry too much about the ramp. There's no crowd early and if you get off by noon or so it's usually fairly sane these days.

MC