Memorial Weekend On CJB

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, May 26, 2008.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

What a beautiful memorial day weekend of fishing we had at CJ! Saturday we got up really early and hit Buck Creek for some whitebass got 2 after fishing the WHOLE river. Then went straight to the marina for some crappie action it was slow but the were "OK" sized.
    [​IMG]
    Then Sunday morning found a crappie hot spot in the marina area and picked up 25 fast and early. We were also getting white bass smallmouth (which I think are becoming the dominant species in the lake-What are your guys' opinions?) Largemouth and millions of shad around that we were snagging and playing around with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MORE TO REPORT ABOVE-TOO MANY IMAGES

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

:REST OF REPORT:
    After getting bored with the crappie we took the boat out. Fished about every good area of the lake trolling and jigging picked up a few crappie whitebass a nice channel cat and another smallie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So we get back to the dock and BAM the crappies were on we picked up a good mess until we had to leave.
    In the morning we come back to the boat find the crappies and start getting them every time. I even got 2 doubles!!!!!!! It was awesome until I think I cleaned them out. We ended up with 22. I had pics but I deleted them off my phone accidentally. Anyways did a little more morning trolling and saw one eye caught and a few crappie.
    It was one of the nicest times I've had on CJ and for being M day weekend it wasn't packed at all. See ya out there Jonny :):):)
    [​IMG]

3. Nice report and pictures! Glad you had a great Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for sharing!