close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Memorial Day-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by catking, May 28, 2005.

1. catking

catking Banned

Here's a moment of silence for those who gave their lives so that we can carry on with ours. You all are truly never forgotten.

THE CATKING ;)

2. Good call catking. Land of the free because of the brave!!!!!!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I agree!..Thanks to all of you!

4. ;) much respect for our current soldiers and our vets i take it personally i was turned away from the army because i couldnt pass there damn physical .( knee injuries .) but anyway thoughts and prayers to all who serve or have served.

5. The significance of Memorial Day sometimes gets lost in the long weekend festivities. I think that it is fitting that everyone enjoys a long weekend, but we should all keep in mind the price that so many paid so that we all can enjoy this weekend…and every day! I come from a “military” family. Every male member of both sides of my family served in the military. I served 4 years in the ARMY (peacetime). From my family background, I can attest to the fact that fallen comrades are remembered every day, and this day in particular is held in great reverence by those that were close to the heroes that made the ultimate sacrifice.

Here is a little history and information on Memorial Day:

http://www1.va.gov/opa/speceven/memday/

6. to all who have served......thank you for the freedom i some times take for granite. god bless this is your day...

7. Take one moment while out on the water to say a prayer or just say thanks to all our Heroes. I lost a lot of friends in Vietnam. And to me they were all Heroes. If not for their actions I could be among them. Fortunatly someone was looking out for me and I was put out of harms way. God bless all of our lost Heroes.

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

9. so true bob.......and i would gladly stand up next him and defend her still today because there aint no doubt i love this land........god bless the u.s.a.

10. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

every memorial day weekend i can't help but to think alot about the friends and family that have passed away over the years but i probably think more about my dad than anyone.
    he was in the 101st airborne glider division and was involed in the d-day operation as well as others after that.i can remember him telling me when i was young that he always prayed that none of his children would ever have to fight in a war.although i really didn't understand it enough back then i've really learned to appreciate it over time.
    he never reall told me too many stories about the war but the ones he did always made me wonder just how the average guy could drum up enough courage to do what they did and then be strong enough mentally to live the rest of their lives normally.
    but the one thing i've noticed over the years is this.combat veterans,from any war,are really enjoyable to be around.they simply have a better appreciation of life and enjoy each day.
    my thanks to all of them.