close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Memorial Day At Lake Barkley

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nickadams, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Just got back from Lake Barkley in KY. We left Thurs. night. Fishing was good for the most part, but Sat. morning was the best day I have ever had fishing so I thought I would share it w/ everyone. My dad and I woke up at 5:30 and hit the lake, and the fog was SO thick. We went across the channel and stopped at some weed beds. We could see some bass hammering bait fish all around so I threw on a chartruese willow leaf spinner bait. I was keeping the bait up near the surface (we were only in about 2 feet of water) and about the third cast a 19"er exploded on it. This went on for about 2 1/2 hours with 15" 16" 17" fish cartwheeling two feet out of the water w/ our baits in their mouths. We caught about 25 fish. They still hadn't stopped completely when we gave up. I was kicking myself for not signing up for the open tourny that morning. :) The only dissapointing thing was that I thought Heaven was supposed to be eternal. :) I am going to be so spoiled for a long time. I will post a picture of some of the larger fish, and the biggest white bass I have ever seen that my dad caught that morning too.
    Adam Vance

Attached Files:

2. catking

catking Banned

Ya gotta love days like that !!! Good for you guys, and thanks for sharing !!! THE CATKING !!! :)

3. Wow, congrats on the great day! That is a rare combination of size and numbers.

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Good job Adam ! Now you only have one problem , you didnt take me ! :D oh well such is life . Glad to see you did well and had a great time . By the pic's you posted , it looks as if your dad has had a long lack of sleep . He must have been to excited at night from catching some fish finally . :D