close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Members & Guests

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daveo76, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Wow, I look at the bottom of the page and see 52 members and 146 Guests!! Come on people . Register and get in on the action. I know you enjoy viewing but there's always room for you. Get on this great site and let us see some posts and pictures . Once you register ,you'll be glad you did

2. I've always wondered why non members can view the content of the site. Make people join if they want to read. If they acctually put forth the effert to sign up, maybe they would contribute to the conversations!!

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

there are more negatives to that,than positive.first one i can think of is if they can't view the site,they don't know what it's about.that alone would deter many people from registering,which would mean fewer people joining.
    i also think those umbers can be misleading.i'm sure there are many registered members,whether they post or not,that for various reasons don't log in every time they visit the site.of that 146,all or none could be registered.but my guess is a certain number of them undoubtedly are.
    there are also most likely people from across the country and even around the world,who are just surfing the net and came across the site.

4. I see no reason to force people to sign up. All the present members have signed up with no arm twisting. Its growing and the info and discussions are great. An individual who chooses to remain a guest is only cheating themselves. No reason to change something that has been so successful.

5. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Hoo rah for Papa.......well said!

Gene

6. Papa and Misfit both nailed it... If folks want to take the time to sign up and get in on the fun, it's all up to them.

If not, that's OK too, but they're not even scratching the surface of OGF and all it has to offer... It really is a great community of outdoors folks, and we're happy to add more, or not, as the case may be. :)

And besides, a lot of the COOL screen names are taken!

Good to see you back in the mix Gene. BTW, sheriff's dept says a torando touched down in the Portage Lakes area today... ;)

7. For some reason my sigh-in won't remember me, so as someone alreay said some of the guests are membersho aren't signed in. Also I looked for quite a while before joining, it's great the way it is. CD

8. That's what make's this one better! I'ts the fact you can view and see what you get.Till you join you'll never get the full benifits of info!

9. Guys, When I saw so many people at the bottom of the page were checking the place out, I thought I'd let them know that people were aware and interested. If they want to come aboard , fine, and as we already know,you can't go wrong with such a great site. Something for all to see. I do most of my posting on the Striper/ Hybrid and Ohio River forums, but just looking thru the whole site I've picked up information that has helped me greatly. And I've even met a few folks fishing where I do whom I'd never have known had it not been for this site. So, Thanks.

10. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Great site... Don't think I would have joined if I had not had a chance to browse. Kind of like catching fish, it's all in the presentation! Yep, I'm hooked.

11. kudos to this great site we all enjoy!!! join or lurk...does not matter...the one thing i get asked OFTEN is ''how much does it cost"??? most of my non computer friends think that it must be expensive if it is that good!!! HEY LURKERS...IT IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

12. A few years ago a friend of mine that I work with said he had a birthday gift for me. He handed me a small folded piece of paper, put his index finger in front of his lips to shhhh me, and said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I unfolded the paper and the only thing it said was: "OhioGameFishing.com."
    He knew me well enough to know that THIS site is something that I would really enjoy, and he was soooo right! I log on several times a day on most days at home and at work. I lurked for over a year before I decided to to introduce myself to the board. No regrets yet. If I couldn't have read the board I would have passed it by more than likely. I like to think I can spot a winner when I see one. This site has been a part of my household ever since.

Thanks OGF!
    Lake Erie Joe

13. silver shad

silver shad The Walleye Troll

Great site I was always on the other site but now I'm on this site about 90% of the time.Keep up the good work.:p :T :T

14. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

I to was looking for my older sight I was in.and low and behold it took me 2 or 3 times snooping here as guest to find out this was my old gang I was looking for.See back some years ago that one was at ends with us members.thus some these others got up and told the other club where they stand and started this one.that was 1999 as I remember but I lost out as it never got under way.Ruminator was one I met best threw the other club.Took me a while to find that out.there was others and think Brandon Smith was one.I was surprised I found them all.I was in the other club but less then a year.and my biggest break was when they had there fish fry at West Branch.and thats where I met Runinator in person.He took me on his boat and we fished.thus got know him better then ever.just met him again at the Skeeter party and he remembered me.was great as ever to see rest.will hope more parties as what else.There the best thing going.