close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Meldhal 5-26

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by fisharder, May 27, 2007.

1. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

Put in at Moscow at first light the river was at pool and there was not alot of current.We trolled crankbaits most of the day covered a ton of water.We cought about 60 fish in about seven hours.It set up to be a typical summer pattern.The fish were scattered and were not to aggresive.We were catching alot of wipers but nothing big 2-3lbs a few white bass 4-smallmouths 1-sauger,and around ten big drum.The bait of the day was a SR7S it out fished everything we tried.I think that a good rain would improve things.We just needed some current to get the fish to set up on cover and current breaks.We cought most of the fish in 10 to 12 feet of water.The water temp was 68 to 72 degrees yesterday.

2. sounds like a good day. were you fishing in 10-12 feet of water or were the fish being caught from that depth. any help would be great. also how close to the dam you fishing?

thanks man

3. what is the SR75 - is that a Shad Rap ???

what colors? how close were you by the dam?

4. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

We were fishing in 12 to 15 feet of water bumping bottom. A SR7S is a shad rap 7 foot diving suspending crank bait.I was using a shad color with a orange belly.There are a lot of crank baits you can use.I know that rapplas aren`t cheap but they track perfect right out of the box.I use a lure retreiver because you do get hung from time to time.Last week I did not lose a single lure to a snag.