Meldhal 11/18/07

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by H2O Mellon, Nov 18, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Just wondering if there were any OGF'ers at Meldhal (KY side) today?

2. stumbo

stumbo Get Bent

Haven't been to meldhal for a while but wondering if any wipers or stripers are around. Does anyone know when the construction will start on the hydro plant? Are bids out yet?

3. I was at the dam yesterday for about 4 hours. I was throwing for hybrids, and didn’t get a bite. There is a ton of baitfish in the area as I snagged many large shad and a few skipjack with my 3oz spoon. I did not see any fish caught, and there was a ton of people fishing for sauger.

4. Same results, I was there from 430 to just after dark, caught one huge skip on 3oz spoon, saw some nice sauger too.
    One guy suggested using balloons to get skipjack out to fish, I couldn't quite cast out to seagulls that were picking bait out of water.
    Gate closest to KY side was barely running, had it been at normal flow, might have been able to pick up wiper or two, water temp is still high/mid 50's.
    LMJ

5. It's been dead as far as hybrids for us on the last 5 or 6 trips. We finally gave up fishing the fast water below the dam and decided to try down stream some. Plenty of white bass, sauger and smallmouths but no hybrids.