Meldahl Clean Up Sat. 1/5/08

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LittleMiamiJeff, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Meldahl clean up, set w/Billy Gaul of the USCOE, for Sat. 1/5.08.
    Let's meet at 10am, I'll bring a pot of chili.
    THIS IS THE KY SIDE PARKING LOT off Ky 8.
    Take KY 9 off I-275 (KY 9 is AA Highway) east for approx. 30 miles, take rt. 2028 to the left 1/2 mile to rt. 8, (Rt. 2028 is about 4 miles past the Marathon station where the AA goes from 4 lane to 2wtruck lane) right about 1.5 miles, the entrance to the Dam will sneak up on you be looking. (entrance is on left just past house on right)
    If the weather is just terrible we'll reschedule for following weekend.
    PM me with any questions.
    Thanks for your help!
    LMJ

2. That will work out perfect for me, I normally work saturdays but that one I am off. Looking forward to helping out and meeting more of you all!

Tom

3. Glad you can make it, Tom, are you the guy that caught the 16.5# wiper last spring? ;)
    LMJ

[​IMG]

4. That would be me Jeff, that one was a monster, wish I had a real scale to weigh him on besides a boga, hoping for a bigger one this next year. Hope we have a good turnout! This got me thinking if everytime I went down there fishing i picked up 1 bag of trash it would make a little difference (or a big one) depending on how much I fish ;) Hope the wx holds for us!

5. Yeah, I'd like to see one as big, if not bigger! ;) That's a biggun!:)
    As for Wx, a lot can change in a couple weeks.......
    LMJ

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'll have to check and see if the wife is working. If she isn't I should be able to go. I know Salmonid and I knew a couple folks who wanted to go w/ us if we went.

7. I'm leaning toward cancelling tomorrow's cleanup, low thirties w/mixed precipt turning to all rain, wind 12mph +/-. I've fished in that, but don't relish wet trash, heavy wet bags of trash, no shelter, etc.
    I'm going to contact Bill Gaul from the dam. See what impact cancelling at this point will have on their cooperation for future re-schedule.
    Please watch this thread today for final details.......
    Thanks
    LMJ

8. H2O Mellon

Please let us know asap, if you can. I was suspose to meet Salmonid and 4 others at the Dayton Mall around 6AM.

9. Well, talked to Bill Gaul, it messes him up if we don't show up and do a little something, so I'm going to be there, 10am, full rain gear! He'll take us on a tour of the lock and dam afterwards, we can cross over in Augusta on the ferry, $5 a car load I think.
    H2O, Salmonid, come one come all!
    I was punking out thinking no one would come in the rain, but let's do it!
    I have a box of xlg latex gloves to put on over gloves, should help some.
    Anything like buckets, stick w/nail, trash gripper, you can bring will save your back and cold hands!
    See you there!
    LMJ

10. I'm going to try to make there in the morning to help out, anyone on the West
    side of Cincy who wants to ride, send me a PM with your phone # and I'll try my best to hook up with you in the morning. I'll check my PM's tonight, I'm off to work now.

11. stumbo

stumbo Get Bent

Hey LMJ, My better half and I will be there around 10. I don't know how..I talked her into picking up trash!!!????. I hope you don't mind a lady present. She fishes quite abit with me...mostly skunking me..
    Looking forward to meeting you and others.

12. Hey come one come all, Stumbo, I'm family friendly, so it'll be a PG event as far as I'm concerned! ;)
    Fin Hunter, that's a great offer, I'll have an empty seat as well, coming out of the East Side Mariemont/Newtown area, 325-2098 cell or PM, I'll be leaving around 9am to get there around 10.
    Looks like we'll have a great crowd, won't take long to clean it up!
    LMJ

13. LMJ, Mellon and myself and one of my Fly fishing buddies ( Mike Wolford) will be there, see you then!

Salmonid

14. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

LMJ, I have to work but I'll donate some contractor trash bags if you can make it by the store before you leave. Heavy duty black plastic kind. I will also throw in a case or two of water or pop and chips or something. Let me know if you or someone else can get by the shop and I will get it together. Sorry I cant get there myself. Great job getting it together. I would love to take the tour of dam. Sorry for the last minute offer but I have been away from the boards for awhile. S

15. Steve your on! I'll be there around 830, thanks for the offer!
    Be great to see you again.
    LMJ

16. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Looks like the weather is going to be able to cooperate with you guys. Hats off for putting this together. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it, but have fun!

17. My son, Quinn and I will try to make it as well.

spiff (chris)

18. LMJ, we now have 4 coming down from Dayton, see you in a few hours!

Salmonid

19. H2O Mellon

Whatever..... I'm going back to bed! ;)

20. Salmonid, H2Omelon, you guys are warriors!
    Not even 5am and you're on the way, try to have the bags arranged in rows when we get there, I'm a little OCD and like things orderly......:D
    See you there!
    LMJ