close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MegaStrike Fish Attractant

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Rooster, May 7, 2004.

1. I have only used MegaStrike a few times. I was looking for a scent to use with Senkos. I have never used a scent additive, but most of the soft plastics that I use are manufactured with a scent (the exception being Senkos). I am not convinced that scents attract bass, but I am convinced that scents mask unwanted “human” smells that can have an adverse effect on the bite. In addition, I believe that scents will sometimes encourage bass to hold onto a bait a fraction of a second longer.
    MegaStrike is very easy to apply. It is a paste, and I just apply directly to the lure (rub in with fingers to cover entire lure). MegaStrike is not as pungent as other scents that I have encountered, but it does have a “fishy” smell that lasts a long time in the water. While the tube is not cheap, a little goes a long way. I have had good results fishing Senkos coated with MegaStrike. Now, I've always had good results with Senkos, but I did get the impression that the fish were holding on just a fraction of a second longer (that is all I need from a scent).