Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thanks, I think I know where it is then. The gravel path behind the shopping center?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You're going to be a very popular guy this morning. Hope your inbox is empty.:D
No need. A picture tells a thousand words (or inbox messages). Only two places on the lake where the rocks end and the brush (private shoreline) begins. One would be over your right shoulder, so this one is near.........

Good to see an indication that some 'eyes are still in there. I mostly catch bluegill (small), perch (smaller), and a few bass in there. A 21 inch 'eye means that Medina (or someone else) must have stocked some in there recently. The only stocking that I recall for 'eyes were many years ago, and most of them would be gone by now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great to see Medina Lake has such nice fish. Used to fish there many years ago with my dad, and never caught anything. Used to see 2 or 3 nice fish following my spinnerbait right up to the shore, but no bites. Based on the shape, they were probably Eyes. I'd love to go back there and actually catch some fish (I typically fish for LM, so I miss out on the bluegill catch)!

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
There's a picture????
I cannot see any photoshop/photobucket pictures or links that go to a server storage site for pictures.
If the poster doesn't indicate there is a picture in their post, I have no idea.
Now if the picture is in their photogallery and the poster uses the picture icon on the top, that's another story.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This has me curious. According to my Northern Ohio Fishing Maps book, which is from 2000, the City of Medina stopped the stocking agreement with the State in 1980. So, for 'eyes to be there now, either a) there's natural reproduction. b) Since Medina County took it over there's been stocking. c) Lil Walleyes are making it up the Rocky into the lake. d) I'm totally full of crap!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
This has me curious. According to my Northern Ohio Fishing Maps book, which is from 2000, the City of Medina stopped the stocking agreement with the State in 1980. So, for 'eyes to be there now, either a) there's natural reproduction. b) Since Medina County took it over there's been stocking. c) Lil Walleyes are making it up the Rocky into the lake. d) I'm totally full of crap!
I vote "D".

(just kidding)

Has to be Medina or someone else dropping some eyes in there. I caught them in there around the 1980 timeframe, then gave up fishing there a bit afterward (concentrated on Ladue eyes). The creek around the south/west side used to get some trout after a good rain when the medina trout hatchery was stocking upstream (now closed). Even if walleye decided to make the 25+ mile run upstream, they would have trouble jumping from the creek to the lake.

·
Banned
798 Posts
no reason to jump on the guy for giving away a spot. He said he caught 10 or so this year. If he's going out 3-5 times a week, it's not exactly a walleye hot bed....

Give him a break. Nice fish. I'll tell you from experience, don't mention any exact locations.

ps. that's quite the pinch you got in there!

·
I'd Rather Be FISHING
224 Posts
its not about the spot exactly. ive never even fished for walleye...its just the fact that bigcatjoe tried to be nice and help him out and show him a lake that we've been fishing for atleast 4 years with little to no pressure and then he comes on here acting like he found it and that he knows everything about the lake, set ups to use, etc...

·
Registered
27 Posts
its not about the spot exactly. ive never even fished for walleye...its just the fact that bigcatjoe tried to be nice and help him out and show him a lake that we've been fishing for atleast 4 years with little to no pressure and then he comes on here acting like he found it and that he knows everything about the lake, set ups to use, etc...
I thought this site and these forums were meant for giving advice and helping fisherman. Guess I was wrong. Nice walleye dude!

·
I'd Rather Be FISHING
224 Posts
I thought this site and these forums were meant for giving advice and helping fisherman. Guess I was wrong. Nice walleye dude!
you're exactly right, this site is meant to give advice and help others but not to give away spots like its candy. i know its not a walleye hot spot like said before but it is a great spot for other species on an easily accessible body of water that hardly anyone fishes...its hard to find that anywhere in Ohio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think more people than you know, know about that spot. Some people found it way before he showed his pic. Is it really that serious?? It's just fishing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts