close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Medina Fish Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saugeyesam, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Hey do any of you guys remember the old Medina Fish Hatchery. the one located on 162 it had like 6 or 7 ponds that had different species in each pond.
    i use to go up there for the trout. it closed down a few years ago , my dad and i were wondering if someone has re-opened it or what is going on with it. i know some of you guy's frown on the pay lakes and i've never really been a fan myself but i use to take my neighbors kids up there her husband died and they didnt have anyone to take them fishing or hunting. i always caught fish and they even cleaned them for you it was a neat place to go. anyway if you guys know anything about whats going on with it let me know. thanks.

2. There was a thread on this a few months back. Do a serch and you will find it.

3. It never reopened. Is posted with no tresspassing signs.

4. Hey guys I used to work there years ago when laid off from Ford. Stocked trout and made sure the were feed. Had a great time working for Big Red also meet a good bunch of fisherman.I know you remember a guy we called Bedford Joe. He used to murder the trout on a black doll fly with maggots. So much for memories. Have a good year fishing.

5. Yep, many references to Joe in the link I posted earlier. I still make those little black maribou jigs(white, black and green heads!) fished under the lead/ plug bobbers for crappie and steelies! I've often wondered what became of Joe, or if he's still with us? I know Red is gone, perhaps Mary also?