close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Meat Hunters Showing No Respect

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 18, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

:mad: [​IMG]

Picture taken 6/18/05 @ 6:30PM

These cats were dumped on the banks of Mud Run (small creek) in Fairborn, OH. The largest I'd estimate @ 10lbs, the smallest (several) were less than 12 inches big. Parts of these cats were still on the guardrails of the road, on which there were tossed over from. If you notice there is also a broken fishign pole in the bottom right hand section of the picture. It looks like the fish were dumped there along w/ a couple other broken rods. Not only does this look bad for ALL fishermen, becasue the propert owner isnt going to be happy, but it also makes ALL fishermen look bad becasue of the dumnping of the trash. I judt dont get it.

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i found a spot like that w/ deer carcasses,down by funk bottoms .thats a shame ,but i know a lot of country people don't want to pay for garbage pick up so they dump a lot of trsh on the roadside too.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

now that stuff pisses me off :mad: :mad:

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I agree, a total lack of respect :mad:

5. H2O Mellon

As soon as the land owner sees this, I'm sure they will be NO FISHING/TRESPASING signs up.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The more I think about it the more pissed I get...yep I am sure another spot is off limits thanks to slobs!!!!

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Not a good thing for sure.

8. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

People are so dang lazy and have respect for anyone now a days......

9. :G
    hhjhjhjhjhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

10. !$

11. mrfishohio

Coons might eat them, but at least they might've put them out of site, out of mind. They will be stinking in 24 hours, maggot ridden in 48 maybe?? Maybe we could get another picture in a day or two to see the process. Might be interesting to see how fast they disappear. I know I've seen dead fish on the river bank rot really fast in a day or two when exposed to the sun all day. This could make a good study.
    By all means, please don't get me wrong here. I'm not condoning this practice. Although a body scattered one here & one there wouldn't have the same impact would it? Say one every 20' or so? It's going to be a big slimey stinking mess is what I think, also if the landowner sees it, he may get ticked and rightly so.
    KY got upset with the disposal of fish bodies during the paddlefish season, so they required you to bury them. People used to toss them back in the water, or a stack in the bushes (much like that picture above...only much larger fish). They began to charge people with criminal littering I believe was the charge...for dumping in the water or on the land. Burying was acceptable to them.

12. :S

13. I don't get it either. It sicken me to hear & see something like this.

14. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Guy's what this person did is perfectly legaly, so I don't have a problem with it. You're all in violation of the TOS, as whom did this might be an active member of the boards and may become offended. Unless you guys have never tried this, don't go knocking it. Seems like some of the members on the boards just like to jump the gun, if they don't do it, they don't want anyone doing it.

15. H2O Mellon

Usually you dont throw the gut pile on someone elses property, do you? Comparing it to deer is sort of ignorant. When's the last time you saw 100 dead deer bodies throw off the side of the road in the city limits? What about the rest of the litter (trash, clothing, poles, etc....) hey, they will eventually wash down stream right? So, is that acceptable too?

Bottom line is that this was done by a slob fisherman whos made all of us catfishermen look bad. The person that condones this type of activity in my mind, is no different.

16. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I agree with FishMan it was all legal ! I wonder how many people were fishing there ? If it was 4-5 guys then you would have that amount of waste after cleaning the fish. But to leave them lay on Private Property where others fish at is awful to me. So I agree with Brian on that one. They could of very easily put all the waste in 1 trash bag & took it with them. When I go fishing I carry a few 10 pack's of 4 Gallon Bag's, & if there is trash there when I get there I pick it up even though its not mine. Toss it in the back of my truck & in the trash when I get home.

As Far as Deer Hunting, Yes I do follow the rules of the Land owner. One guy requires me to bury the guts, So his dog wont drag them back home. He also wont let me take my Truck no futher than the drive way, So we have had some Long, Long Drags out of his Property with some Big heavy Deer. Makes for a long day , But is worth it to hunt the land.I also give the Landowner 1/2 the meat if its taken on his land. Same goes for fishing, I Practice C&R & I only keep what I would eat. Never ever left any Trash behind in doing anything, Plus if I see some one leave their trash around, Ill get a plate # & give to my ODNR buddy's & they will take care of it. I have taken pictures of them leaving their trash & a Plate #, They do the rest. Yes they do get tickets most of the time too, As long as I can show them proof they did it, They will ticket them. Keep your Camera with you at all times, I have saw worse than that Gutpile though.

It does not make us Fisherman look good with that type of crap going on. I have saw alot of Slob hunter's & Fisherman, They make me Sick to my Stomach !! :mad:

Cat Mazter

17. H2O Mellon

33..... You still didnt answer my Q's How many piles of 100 dead deer do you see? How many of those piles of 100+ dead deer do you see thrown on the ground in the city limits?

Guys..... It wasnt legal. Thats the point. QUOTE "but it also makes ALL fishermen look bad becasue of the dumnping of the trash".

Dumping your trash on property that belongs to someone else, isn't legal.

18. mrfishohio

I don't think it's legal to harvest 100 deer is it? There's limits on them, but NOT on catfish......
    It's a darn dirty shame to make a stinking litter pile on some guy's property, but for all we know, it may be his property?? Many folks in the country areas dispose of their own garbage on their property, a dump.
    When you field dress a deer. How much does one create? In pounds? I don't think there's any TOS violations either...yet ;)
    Mellon...thanks for posting that picture in every thread everywhere....now I don't know what I'm posting about because it's all the same. :p
    Anyway, it doesn't look nice, but anytime you harvest any animal, it's not pretty, if you don't believe me, go look at the snapper pictures in the recipe thread *LOL* :T
    Have a great Father's Day everyone. Remember, we're all friends here whether we know it or not. Seems like family members (brothers) seem to have at it the most. See ya later, got some ground cow & pig flesh to sear on the grill :D
    Still sort of goes back to fish limits, eh??
    The only crime is littering so far as I can tell, and maybe he had permission...I don't know, but I'd take that leap and say no. I'm also often wrong too. :rolleyes: