close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

McCoy fishing line

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by jignut, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Just wondering if any of you fine fishermen have ever used McCoy line and if so how well did it perform.
    Also wondering if anyone has been able to buy it in the Central Ohio area without driving 100 miles or more to get it.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Jig,
    McCoy mean green is a co-polymier line and is different than regular mono.
    First copoly is softer, thinner dia., stronger and has less memory....i stricky use copoly lines unless im after fish in nasty areas(logs, rocks) and know im going to tear up line and want to go the cheaper route(berkley big game)...for 90%+ of my fishing i use copoly lines(G-Power).
    There are a few other brands that make a good copoly line too...
    Gamakatsu G-power(Fishermans Warehouse), silver thread excalibur(anywhere), p-line PF original(anywhere).

The only place close to Columbus that sells McCoy is Springfield..sorry.
    But you can order it through Cabelas.com they even have the big BULK spools of it.....they sadly dont sell them at thier stores, only an on-line purchase.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...2&parentType=index&rid=&cmCat=MainCatcat20166

McCoy also makes a very good "superline".......not many know about it but from those ive talked to said its much better than the other braids on the market.

Good luck,
    Scott

3. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Corey has McCoy line at Cripple Creek Bait by Tappan Lake.

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i did see some mc coy's mean green line somewhere around columbus here..i just dont remember where.. :confused: