close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mccomb res

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnfreak, Sep 5, 2007.

1. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

does anyone know if mccomb res allows gas motors to be used. thanks in advance.

2. No gas motors on Mccomb res 1 or 2

3. Quickie, for anyone to help.-Somewhere I thought I read that the Village of McComb decides each year if they will allow boats. Am I confusing this with allowing ice fishing? Maybe I'm all "wet", but input would be appreciated. Thanks!

4. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

Seeing the DNR controls it I doubt the village has any say in the decisions. I wish the dnr would allow outboards on the smaller res. but have a speed limit. That way we could run any boat in some of these smaller waters.

5. cherrell136

cherrell136 she fishes too

I have seen boats out there each year.

I have a question for anyone who may have the knowledge:

North Baltimore has the res. locked up so no one can take a boat up there unless you carry it. It is not because they do not allow boats there because they do but rather because a driving path around the bottom of the res. leads to their police shooting range. The simple solution to the matter would be them moving the gate about 15 to 20 ft. to allow access for taking small boats up to the res. and also keeping their range locked.

Can they deny access like that if it is government stocked??

Thanks for any input.

6. cherrell136

cherrell136 she fishes too

Sorry, DNR stocked.

7. The sign at McComb Reservoir says "Electric Motors Only." So they do allow boats...no gas, electric trolling only.
    z

8. The McComb Reservoir is actually owned by the village. The DNR & McComb have some kind of contract. Technically whatever the village says goes...some of the police fish so they are pretty nice!

9. Looking for a fishing buddy for McComb and surrounding areas....