Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Mayflies rolling in yet??? Planning on fishing out of Port Clinton Sunday and Monday. Wondering if we are going to do any good or not.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Mayflies have been hatching for over a month. In fact, I haven't seen any on the building here (Toledo) in about a week. Probably about done I would say.

Fishing has been good, depending on where you are and such.

BFG

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
The peak of the hatch came over 10 days ago. Mayflies are not the problem. Finding fish that will bite without riding for 15-18 miles can be a challenge.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Was up that way over last weekend. The only mayflies I saw were at the Japanese Steakhouse in Port Clinton on the corner of 53 and 163. Ate there Saturday night and came walking out around 10:30 and they were covering a white car under a light. Some on a gray car also. But that was all. Luckily my truck is dark, dark green and wasn't under a light! That is all that I saw.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I was out near the islands on Sunday and didnt see any at all. The only ones I did see were in the portojohn at Catawba SP.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
I was out near the islands on Sunday and didnt see any at all. The only ones I did see were in the portojohn at Catawba SP.
The ones in that portojohn at CSP probably died as soon as they hit that stank ! Those have to be the most disgusting restrooms I have ever been in ! RANK !
I live close to the lake shore in Huron and I have not seen a mayfly in the past week and a half.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Well I didnt help the RANKNESS at all! Ahhhh...coffee the natural laxative!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. guys!!!! Coming up Sunday from Marietta. Hope we have a good catch. If not, sure will be nice to be on the Lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts