Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I worked a deal with someone on craigslist for a plano 777.I havent been catching many blugil lately,and would never blame the lake,therefore it must be the tackle box.(my skills, and ,or lack there of could NOT be the problem.:)...........so once again off to the mighty mighty mogadore,with my old trusty boat ,and my old (t)rusty truck,and my new shiny box........ps.I can fit my old box in the middle compartment where the 3 drawers are missing............come on thats funny,and true..............

Attachments

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too fat and old .may consider backammon

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Well, if you're targeting gills... I hope you aren't screwing around with all the tackle in that box. All you need are a bobber, small hooks, some crappie nibbles, and a container of wax worms!

Try using a weightless approach. The gills seem to hit more often on a slow falling bait. They also usually swallow a weightless hook, which means less fish lost.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well, if you're targeting gills... I hope you aren't screwing around with all the tackle in that box. All you need are a bobber, small hooks, some crappie nibbles, and a container of wax worms!

Try using a weightless approach. The gills seem to hit more often on a slow falling bait. They also usually swallow a weightless hook, which means less fish lost.

Isn't swallowing the hook a bad thing? I usually just cut the line as close to the hook as I can get

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not too good today.caught 3 crappie 4 perch 6 or 7 blugill,only 2 made it in the bucket....and I let them go too later.....I've actually done alright on the season(by my standards)with plenty of help from the OGF..I've fished several times through this poor weather spell with NO luck however.the bites were soft and few.couldnt do anything with a bobber.wen the weather is nice I've been nail'n between 3 and 10 feet off the bottem at mogadore.some days better than others............any advice for 65deg.and rainy ,other than stay home ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts