Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LMR Master Angler
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally my trip I had been planning for over a year had arrived and what a day me and my partner had! By far the best fishing day of my life and I fish for smallies 150+ days a year here in Ohio. Nothing beats getting on water that holds big fish, TROPHY size fish are in casting distance anywhere you throw! Words cannot explain the day we had so I will let some pics do the talking. We caught 5 VA citation smallies (20"+ with the biggest being 21.5) and 40 fish total. 30+ of the fish we caught this day were 18-19 inchers which we would begin to call "dinks" 2 hrs into our trip. THis was a trip for the ages and you can bet we will be making a return trip soon and often as I had a day that I used to only dream about. Craziest thing about the day was how well the big fish bite went with the inclement weather we had. It was between a light rain and a torrential downpoar for 90% of the day. It definately turned the big fish on and I could have never been happier to be fishing that crappy weather with the results we had. UNBELIEVABLE is an understatement.
BIG thank-you to Britt for taking me and my partner out on this definate trip of a lifetime, and thanks to Rob for tagging along with me short notice, although I am sure you want to thank me for bringing you after the day we had...lol Here are some samples!! Enjoy Man, it is a shame when you don't want to pull your camera out in the rain to photo 18-19 inch "dinks" anymore...lol UNREAL I probably caught 15 of my top 20 lifetime smallies in 1 day.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
MONSTER SMALLIES!

What section of the New did you float?

I've been trying to put together a 3-day float (kayak)/camping trip on the New for the Fall.

·
LMR Master Angler
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
out of respect for the man who took me out, I cannot disclose location of our float. I wil tell you that we also fished a day without a raft and the fishing was a night and day difference, I highly recommend a guide to take you out. The new river is flowing pretty good and it is hard to fish without someone maneuvering the boat/raft between the sweet spots. It is a hard days work just for someone controlling the raft! To be honest with you, there are probably fish ALL OVER the river, you just need the expertise to find them and hold you in place

·
Registered
128 Posts
was looking to book some one down there but if you cant say who or where the guide is its a big river. oh well keep him to yourself

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Wow!!!!:B Great trip!

I fish the New almost every year, but never with a guide and we catch LOTS of fish, but not that size. We haven't gone this year and have kinda hinted around at giving it up since we catch much larger smallies in Erie. You may have provided enough ammo to chenge our mind (plus it is so beautiful down there).

Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
WOW!! THose are some nice smallies. I'm looking at hitting the New sometime this summer with my brother-in-law. I would be happy with the 18-19 inch dinks if I can make it out. Thanks for the pics!

·
AEP Tuber Association
893 Posts
Awsome trip and pics. How much does a trip like that run? If you don't mind me asking.

·
LMR Master Angler
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$395 for 2 people, $325 if only 1 person. Sounds pricey but it is the best money I ever spent! I had the best fishing expierence of my life and I fish 150 days a year! UNBELIEVABLE is not strong enough of an adjective to explain!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Great fish! Sounds (and looks) like you had a REAL trip of a lifetime. Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts