close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

maumee - your best hours for catches....

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by getonit, Mar 18, 2005.

1. getonit

getonit I own a Bobber ???

the maumee run at peak times probably doesn't make as much differance but what about now - when are you guys having your best luck- 7am- 9am or after 3pm - :confused: - mornings always seem best for me but it may be the style of fishing or technique.... lets hear your experience.. :rolleyes: ...getonit

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

from my personal experience..theres alot of things that can determind the best catching time.. each day is different.. some days morning bite are so hot you'll limit out in no time.. some times u'll be castin from sunrise til noon and got nothin.. then once afternoon rolls around it could be an hour gap or so of bites..
    u know how it is.. :rolleyes:

3. i've limited out in 5-10 minutes and i've been there the whole day with nothing to show. i think most of it has to do with water level, temperature, and finding the right holes. frm my personal experience there are so many fish in there that the time of day doesn't matter, at least during the height of the run.. some guys might beg to differ though. i personally hit it at first light to avoid the crowds. forget weekends.

4. I have had a few great catches right at sunset, especially late in the run. I have caught 6-8 walleye in 30 minutes with each one of them smoking the jig. I have also had some good days when it is warm and raining. I think that any time the fish are actually feeding, you can catch a bunch. But, with all the people and the fact that they are spawning finding fish that are actively feeding is really a challenge. At the height of the run in the mass of people, you can catch plenty. Many of those caught seem questionable (hooked on the lips from the outside), although I think most people keep fish hooked in this fashion. They fight the same, but just don't bite the same. You don't get the quick hard thump all that often at least I haven't.

trane

5. I almost always fish afternoons so my view is a bit skewed. But in the last 2 years or so the bite early in the season has always been the best right in the last few minutes of legal time. I have fished 2-3 hours with only snagged fish untill the last 10 or 15 minutes then they seem to turn on, hot pink or red sparkle seem to be the best. I agree once its "on" it does'nt matter anytime will work. Ready for some rain.