Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and me caught roughly 75 white bass. I was useing mister twister whitewith a 1/4 ounce weight. My body was useing a yellow 1/4 ounce. Just got back. We are going back next saturday for sure.
We had people all day asking us what we were useing.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
fishing was really good this morning a lot of doubles.. and a lot of big females did not keep any .. the females were dropping eggs ..the people that were keeping fish probably averaged 70 or 80 maybe more

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
were gonna go up this weekend. Me and 5 other buddies. We want to get white bass.
Is there anything after the white bass run?
What other fish are good for catching up there?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fished the Maumee for a few hours and caught 20 white bass some 2+ lbs. Very slow though. The guys using minnows were catching fish consistantly. The water was clear and very low.

·
Registered
243 Posts
After white bass nothing else is happening unless u want to fish for resident walleye, which are hard to locate. U can have a blast on small mouth using small cranks and twisterr tails,after it consistently warms up a bit. Please try and practice catch and release on the small mouth unless u catch a trophy. and be prepared to wade the river it has many holes to ck out. The small mouth do not school u will catch 1 or 2
here 1 or 2 there but can be fun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
had a great time over the weekend on the maumee. my son and i were using different colored twistys on 1/4 oz jig heads but the guys floating minners couldn't reel them in fast enough :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts