close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

maumee white bass

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fish4wall, May 3, 2004.

1. just closed on my 1st house here in columbus(westerville) last tues.
    if i see one more box im going to be sick...so i need to feel a tight line.
    and i saw the pics on maumeetackle and would love to bring home some
    of them bass...i fish the walleye run all the time but never the whitebass run.
    i'll be heading up there sat.
    can anyone give me the scoop on this run????
    any info would be great :D :D :D
    thanks
    fish4wall

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

throw WHITE twistertails at them and you'll catch all day long..look for pockets of baitfish scattering and just cast in the middle of the frenzy and hang on..
    let me know if you get into any smallies.. :D

3. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Ditto on what crappielooker said, Hey Ak, I just got back from E. Harbor and you should have been there! No Carp, but the snakes are out in full force!!!! :D

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey you should re-phrased that to I should NOT have been there..LOL..good thing i'm stayin home...almost left after reading your post..LOL..

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

haha fishpro!

just cast anything in the water for whitebass, you should catch a few :)

6. cool thanks guys...
    should i start at blue grass????
    fish4wall

7. i usually stick to the fort for white bass but when they are in there it really doesn't matter. Grab the ultra light and have a blast. You should get close to 100 fish and an hour and a half or two when its thick. just like everyone said, twister tails, fished however you want. i usually trhough downstream and retrieve but any way works. You can throw crank baits etc but when you are catching so many it just makes it a pain to remove a treble hook when a simple jig would work just as well.

8. thanks for the info....man is it sat yet :D :D :D :D
    fish4wall

9. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

Hey Guys,
    I'm planning on heading up on Saturday. I was hoping to nab a few walleyes in addition to the white bass. According to Maumee Tackle there are still some in there. Anyone still catching them? I'm looking forward to this, I've never fished the white bass run, it sounds like a blast.