close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee walleye conditions

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by springer275, May 1, 2008.

1. Just wondering if the Walleye numbers are still decent in the Maumee and where any of you are having luck. I want to head up tomorrow (friday) and maybe saturday.

Thanks,

2. There are a few still, but you got to work for em

3. I agree 100% with Hollandbass...

4. I got a couple yesterday with a few hours of work. saw some good numbers being caught around me too.

5. Was told by a local (lives on the river) a month ago that this is the time he like to fish for them the most. Mostly good eaters (males) in the river that are biting, so the legal to snag rate is much better.

6. I agree with steel.this is my favorite time to fish the river cause [life is like a box of choclates, never know what you're gonna get]Could be a feweyes and a bunch of bass or you could even throw in a large cat or a BIG carp or Buffalo.

7. I enjoy catching any fish...too bad the eyes are so slow now. Its still fun to catch all the other species the Maumee has to offer. I caught a smallmouth today and saw a largemouth caught last week.

8. the headless Buffalo man, he also catches a lot of Quill-back ,shad & suckers

[​IMG]