close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee Smallies

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by la2ohio, Oct 19, 2004.

1. la2ohio

la2ohio L.A.2Ohio

Has anyone been out for the smallmouth and if so, are they still biting? Whatever info that anyone can divulge would be helpful. Will be thinking about going up if it is worthwhile...1.5hr drive from Marysville. By the way, are the smallmouth over 1-2lbs. that you are catching?

Thanks,
    William (la2ohio) :)

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

back when i used to fish the maumee for smallies, i remember catching them until ice starting to form on the edge of the river..the colder the water gets,the slower i present the bait.. using topwater plugs i was able to have a couple double on the same lure a couple of times..aahhh..fun times, good memories..i may have to head up there for more..:)

3. la2ohio

la2ohio L.A.2Ohio

So, I take it no one has been out there recently. If anyone can give me a recent report of the bite and conditions (last week or days before today) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    la2ohio ;)

4. I wish I could....but, no free time...

trane

5. I have not been out in about 1 1/2 weeks. We have had some rain and cold weather since then so I don't know what the fishing is like right now. The first time out I caught a couple of nice smallies (#4 & #2.5) plus some smaller fish. The second time out I caught 6 but none over 15". I caught all fish on sinking and floating rapalas (size 8 and 10) and fished the same hole at Buttonwood both days. The fishing should be decent into November. Good Luck.

6. I was out to milltonville friday about 4:00. I got 3 nice smallies over 2# and 2 under. I was fishin' a green twistertail and they were hittin. I was onlyl out for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Hopin to get back out this weekend. Thinkin about tryin the pier for some of them hog walleye. If you hear anything about lakeside or huron pier give me a shout. Good fishin'.

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

anyone out fishing the maumee river lately????
    any part of the river reports would be great..thanks a bunch..

8. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

The river is way to high to fish. I looked at it yesterday, and it was 584, which is about 5 ft from what is considered average water level. You got some time.