close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee River - Steelhead 11/18

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingfoolBG, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Fished the Maumee River sunday morning 11/18 in between the rain. Fished at weir rapids and didnt have any luck, so i decided to try the dam at grand rapids. Fished for about 45 minutes using a white mepps spinner and had no luck. I switched to this old silver spoon and on my third or fourth cast something hit the spoon. As so as it is the spoon the fish jumped out of the water and as it did that i knew it was a steelhead. It tunred out to be a nice size steelhead. I was suprised to catch a steelhead but i knew there were a few in the river. Fishing that day i caught 1 steelhead, 3 white bass and some some channel cats. Didnt have my camera with me to take a picture but o well it was a good day on the river.

FishingFoolBG

2. I live just a few miles away and am gonna try fishing the dam Thursday or Friday morning. Any tips? Looking for steelhead. I am heading to Salt Fork lake for muskies and crappies on Sunday before gun season starts. I have a 16 foot boat and fish near wiers regularly if you would like to join up sometime.

3. When you come down to Salt Fork bring your Vibes. The Musky and Crappies are not doing much,but the Saugeyes are biting.

4. I got 1 nice steelie on the Maumee right before the rain. Right at Grand Rapids dam, few deep holes there holding them. 1/32 red/black jig under float.