close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee River Smallmouth

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by trane, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Made it out in the muddy Maumee tonight. The water has come down tons and it is fishable although muddy. I fished tubes around sidecut Metro and caught a few smallmouth. They wanted it real slow. So slow that I didn't catch my first fish until I was dealing with a nice tangle (gotta love spinning reels) and one grabbed my tube. I had to handline it in. I learned my lesson and looked for the slack water and dragged it slow.

The gar are also breeding in the Buttonwood rapids. There were tons of them. Kind of a strange sight to see them all squirming up the shallow water.

I also came across a snake. I didn't get close enough to see what species, but I was glad to have waders on. Although, it sure was warm.

tight lines,

trane

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thanks for the reports from the maumee..im dying to get up there and do some smallies fishin..i may do that tomorrow afternoon sometime.. :) i will probably be at my old holes around buttonwood..
    senkos works awesome in the maumee for smallies too..they love it..i keep tellin the folks at netcraft for over a year to start carrying the smallers senkos..they finally got them in stock now..

3. I thought lake erie and its tributaries were closed to bass fishing. Hey Cpappielooker been up to delta lately?

4. I believe its strictly C&R now.

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

die4irish..yeah, i was up there 2 weeks ago and the guy out there was catching the bass by the reeds..my carp are still in there tho..LOL..
    looks like i will be hitting the maumee tomorrow sometime before the rain hits..should be prime by now..i hope..anyone with the up to date water info. please post them here..
    thanks a bunch....lookin to do some smallieslookin tomorrow..yeeehaaaw..

6. until june 26 - crl; june 26 - 5(14" min