Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on making the drive out to Toledo this week to fish Thur and Fri. Is this a good river for panfishing? I've never heard any reports on panfish from this river only Walleye for the most part.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
There"s a few guys who catch a few perch downtown. If you know where to go you might scrape up a few crappies or gills out of some of the marinas or off the flow pools Not much of a panfish river Could probably catch some white bass still. Grand rapids would be your best bet for that. Maybe Wiers. You"d have to get wet for that. Mostly Smallies, cats, white bass, sheepshead, an occasional walleye. Havent been lately so I dont know what this cold snap has done to the fishing Know the smallies get scarce when it gets cold This is when the jumbos are around tho

·
Registered
395 Posts
Above the dam in Grand Rapids there is a canal that they catch crappie out of. Pike are also known to be caught in there this time of year. Probably not your best bet for pan fish. You may want to try Maumee Bay ponds. Crappie fishing and bluegill fishing can be good this time of year and plenty of areas to fish from shore. Good luck

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
every marina on the lake should be loaded with gills and crappie right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts