close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee River ice out

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Gill, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Gill

Gill

I live on the river and the ice went out about noon today. Was surprised as the thickness looked to only be about 8 inches. I wouldn't expect it to refreeze, but you never know.

Gill

2. glad to hear it! I'm starting to tie up jigs...this might be my last good year as I am set to graduate and head back down south. Thanks for the update.

3. Gill

Gill

I live near Waterville and am not sure if it has come down from above the dam. Seemed it was past here pretty quick. It may still be locked in up there.

4. It was crashing pretty good a ft. meigs. Still pretty solid down by orleans and on down further by turnpike bridge.

5. Went to the GR dam, river is blown out with all the snowmelt. No fish, threw some jigs and spinners

6. hey what is your major? is it construction? lots of construction guys move west.....maybe we can make trips to the river at the same time and save on some gas.

7. Hey I’m down on saving gas money. No my major isn't construction its human development with a minor is sociology. I have an intern working on the Navajo Reservation in AZ. I need to learn how to fly fish before May, I’m Going to be close to some trout streams. Send me a PM when the river gets better. FFBG

8. whats the earliest you guys get out there for them, I don't usually get up there till the end of march, they ever in there at end of february?
    Triple-j

9. Maumee 2-10

Attached Files:

10. There is a real-time gauge on the Maumee at Waterville:

When the ice goes out it always goes nuts for a while -- way up when the ice jams, way down when it breaks loose.

I was just informed that I can't post the link to the gauge on this, my second, post. Have to wait for the third post, which I'll try to get up right now.

11. Gill

Gill

Ice is coming down river from above the damn as of noon today. River is on the rise and will continue to rise for a few days with the heavy rains.

12. give it a week to mellow out and fish the lower reaches of river such as ft. meigs orleanes park should be able to get a few.might have to force feed them though.

13. its open plenty of parking

Attached Files: