close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee River 7/4/07

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by phisherman, Jul 5, 2007.

1. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

Got out yesterday evening. River was low and clarity was excellent. Found a nice little hole and stayed entertained for about two hours. First two smallies threw the tube when they went arial, which was a little disapointing, but thankfully there were more to come. Ran out of tubes, so I switched to jig and grub, and thats what the sheepies were hiting on. Got sick of the sheepies, so I switched to crawler under bobber and caught a nice channel (which was fun on lt tackle). Noticed some action on the surface, and through on a bass popper, and got two other smallies on top water, with a few other strikes and misses. A beautiful evening on the water... OUR WEATHER GUYS ARE IDIOTS!

2. Sounds like good fun. Thanks for the report. I have been busy for over a week and haven't made it up there. A friend and I are going tonight for a couple of hours. I plan on starting out for Channels then switching to samllies near dusk.